Saturday, March 28, 2009

I've Got A New Home

We received our site placements! I’ll be located in the Central Provice only 5 kilometers outside of the Mkushi town. I’m going to be a boma volunteer, which means that I’ll be working at the district level of education. (Zambian education starts at the National Level, Provincial Level, District Level, and finally Zonal) For the entire next week I’ll be staying at my new home in the village meeting all the people and discovering what my job will be. I am so excited to see where I'll be living and working for the next two years! I will also be getting a new mailing address that'll be closer to my site. So, STOP SENDING MAIL TO THE LUSAKA ADDRESS! It wont reach me by the time I am finished with training! I am appreciating all the letters I've been recieving... I'll let you know as soon as I can my new address!

Training is still going strong! I am happy, healthy, and loving Zambia.

Here are some more factoids:
The rainy season in Zambia is coming to an end, followed by the cold season. I am appreciating the cool nights and mornings brought by this season after the hot and muggy weather brought by the rain! I took my first fall off my bike last week and in true Cindy-form it was both ridiculous and graceless! I was riding with my friend Mary and once she was able to stop laughing she pulled my bike off of me, because of course it landed completely on top of me! I'm still struggling through a new language, I'm pumped to test out my skills in the village this week!

1 comment:

  1. Cindy,

    Hello from Sioux Falls! We're following your adventure. Know that we're thinking of you and wishing you the best. Thanks for the updates.

    Paul & Joni Krueger

    ReplyDelete